You ever miss the way blogging used to be?? Before the 20 mil. different bloggers, or the high school clique feel the bigger bloggers throw out or even how followers only comment or interact if they can get something out of it?
Sigh…that is me and C right now. We just miss the “good old days”. When bloggers blogged because they genuinely loved books like you and just wanted to share it. When all bloggers big or small were mostly equal.
It is tiring to get bombarded by a new “promo” blog everyday. It gets tiring when it feels like you have to be part of everything just to feel like you are blogging. Or the worst…when I feel like I have to bribe or buy my fan to pay attention to us. I guess you can say C and I are on the outs with blogging lately. We just have lost our love for community and it sort has pushed into our love for reading.
I guess that’s why we are taking a break right? I hope next week is better. I need some happy in my world.
What do guys do when you’re feeling down about reading or anything really? What is your “pick me up”??
Comment and let us know 🙂
XOXO Jules and Cezanne
Last Week’s Highlights
- [10 Nov] November 9 by Colleen Hoover ★★★★
- [11 Nov] BCS Weekly Update — 11.11.15
- [13 Nov] How We Began by Alexis Hall, Amy Jo Cousins, Annabeth Albert, Delphine Dryden, Edie Danford, Geonn Cannon, Vanessa North
- [14 Nov] Music Musings – Blue Neighbourhood Trilogy by Troye Sivan
What We Are Reading This Week
The sizzling-hot Caldwell Brothers series—perfect for readers of J. S. Scott and Emma Chase—hits the Vegas strip as a bad-boy gambler from Detroit Rock City shows a single mom what it means to play for keeps.
For Morrison Caldwell, life is a game of chance. A high roller with a legendary poker face, he’s the wild card of the family, always chasing the next thrill and never staying put for long. The one place that always lures him back is Las Vegas, with its hot tables and even hotter women. He’s perfectly content to live his life as a series of one-night stands. But when a parking lot confrontation with a cocktail waitress takes a naughty turn, she leaves Morrison aching for another round.
After a long losing streak in Sin City, Hailey Poe is ready to get lucky. A steamy tryst with a cocky, mysterious stranger is the kind of no-strings encounter she’s been craving . . . until Morrison Caldwell asks for more than she’s willing to offer. But when Hailey’s controlling, soon-to-be ex-husband tries to take her daughter away, she can’t afford to turn down a helping hand. In this winner-takes-all game, Morrison is gambling with Hailey’s life—and her heart.
It seems the things worth keeping are often the hardest to hold…
I had two things in life that mattered. My mother and my music.
Mama was taken from me too soon, and now music is all I have left. It’s the thing that’s pushed me right out of backwoods Georgia into Los Angeles, where the line between fantasy and reality shimmers and blurs. I’m finally making my way, making my mark. I can’t afford to fall for one of music’s brightest stars. Not now. Music is all I have left, and I’m holding on tight with both hands. I won’t let go, not even for Rhyson Gray.
I had one thing in my life that mattered – music. The only constant, it’s taken me to heights most people only dream about; a gift dropped in my lap at birth. I thought it was enough. I thought it was everything until I met Kai. Now she’s all I think about, like a song I can’t get out of my head. If I have to chase her, if I have to give up everything – I will. And once she’s mine, I won’t let go.
This Week’s New Releases
- Crush (The Tainted Love Duet #2) by Kim Karr
- Abby and the Cute One by Erin Butler
- Built To Last: A Small Town Contemporary Romance by Elisabeth Grace
- Chance of a Lifetime (Anderson Brothers #3) by Marissa Clarke
- Emeralds (All that Glitters #2.5) by K.A. Linde
- Prove Me Right (It’s Kind Of Personal) by Anna Brooks
- Compromising Her Position by Samanthe Beck
- My Soul To Keep (Soul #1) by Kennedy Ryan
- Right Where You Are by L.E Bross
- Wolf Bait (Wolf Cove #1) by Nina West
- Beauty and the Boss (Modern Fairytales #1) by Diane Alberts
- Rogue (Dead Man’s Ink Series #2) by Callie Hart
- Beg Me (Steele Brothers #4) by Jennifer Probst
- Elusive Love by K.A. Robinson
- Jax (Immortals of New Orleans #7) by Kym Grosso
- Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan
- Off Limits (Aces Hockey #1.5) by Kelly Jamieson
- Childstar 3 (Childstar #3) by J.J. McAvoy
- Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler
- The Golden Braid by Melanie Dickerson
- Sinful Longing (Sinful Nights Book 3) by Lauren Blakely
- Invincible Summer by Seth King
- Monster Prick by Kendall Ryan
- Dare to Seduce (Dare to Love Book 8) by Carly Phillips
- Corrupt by Penelope Douglas
- Everything But the Truth by Mandy Hubbard
- Just One Taste (Masters and Mercenaries #2) by Lexi Blake
- Real World (Bend or Break #5) by Amy Jo Cousins
- Thirty Nights (American Beauty #1) by Ani Keating
- Suit (The Twin Duo #2) by Jettie Woodruff
- 12 Christmas Romances To Melt Your Heart by Catherine Gayle, Jami Davenport, Riley J. Ford (Author), Emma Roman, Allie K. Adams, Geri Foster, Tammy Falkner, Tawdra Kandle, Chris Keniston, Katy Regnery, Jodi Vaughn, Becca Boyd
- Wild Boys After Dark: Heath by Melissa Foster
- Uprising (Emerge series #2) by Heather Sunseri
- Campaigning for Christopher by Katy Regnery
- Mischief Under the Mistletoe: Holiday Hotties Just Waiting To Be Unwrapped by Kristin Miller, Claudy Conn, Melanie James, Mindy Klasky, Holly S. Roberts, Stephanie Rowe, Diane Rinella, Kate Angell, Kimberly Kincaid, J.D. Tyler, Robin Covington, Suzanne Ferrell, Kathy Ivan, Selena Laurence, Jennie Marts, Teri Riggs, Jennifer Theriot, MJ Fredrick, Deb Julienne
- Ignite by Kelly Elliot
- Some Sort of Crazy (Natalie and Miles) (A Happy Crazy Love #2) by Melanie Harlow
- Hearts of Blue (Hearts #4) by L.H. Cosway
- Long Way Down ( Calloway Sisters #4 Addicted 3.2) by Krista and Becca Ritchie
- Unmasked (The Revealed #1) by Alice Raine
- The Revealed (The Lakewood Series #2) by Sarah Kleck
- Poughkeepsie Begins (The Poughkeepsie Brotherhood #4) by Debra Anastasia