Title: Wild (Wild #1)
Author: Adriane Leigh
Release Date: December 11, 2013
Genre: Erotic Romance
An independent woman, a controlling man, and one wild one-night stand…
Kat Kennedy moved to the rugged coast of Maine to start a new life, but encountered much more than she bargained for in dark, dangerous, and seductive Lane Wild.
Desire and temptation smolder before she succumbs to her darkest fantasies with the captivating stranger. She doesn’t expect to see him again after an explosive one-night stand leaves her breathless and craving more, but just like lightning in the darkness, he shows up in her life at the most unpredictable moments.
A sensual game of cat and mouse ensues before the attraction between them reaches a fever pitch—the magnetism combustible, the sexual tension nearly unbearable—and Kat finally abandons inhibition and explores the cunning, selfish, and sexual side of a world she’s never known.
They have the perfect non-relationship—passion-fueled nights with no strings attached—until life gets real and the past and present collide in a dangerous storm of lust and obsession
We all have secrets. A fantasy, a lesbian experience in college, drugs, etc. (What? I’m not pulling from personal experience. I’m just sayin.)
Kat’s secret is different. Hers is big enough that she just wants people to stay away. Then she meets Wild (Lane Wild-like Bond, but sexier). She tries to keep him at arm’s length, even though she’s already fucked him.
Lane is into one night stands. He’s fucked pretty much every single woman (like women that are single, not screwed every woman) in town. He’s got his own secret.
OMFG, this book was hot. Wild likes control in the bedroom. Can you say yum? Kat may want to keep people at arm’s length, but the woman digs sex. Hot kinky sex.
The pacing was good. The writing was good. The story had mystery, romance, a bit of thriller, & just a dash of sex thrown in. Fun for the whole family! (Um, I’m pretty sure this isn’t appropriate for the kiddos.) The sex was cold-shower worthy. (Fine, the sex was bucket list worthy.) & I may have lied about the dash of sex, depending on what you consider a dash. 😉
I’m gonna go 4.5 stars on this one. I loved it.
<3 Review by Kim
Top 5 Dirty Talkers
1) Nathan Thorne, Breach – KI Lynn; the mother of all dirty talkers!
2) Matt Sky, Night Owl – M. Pierce; Matt loses himself a little and the result is so gritty and raw, I love it!
3) Knight, Knight – Kristen Ashley; some readers didn’t like Knight’s particular brand of dirty talk, but I loved it!
4) Gideon Cross, Crossfire Series – Sylvia Day; Gideon ups his dirty talk in later books.
5) Horse, Reaper’s Property – Joanna Wylde; Horse is an unapologetically, rough around the edges dirty talker!
Top 5 Quotes from Wild
1) I must have the patience of a priest to come here and find her like this and not be impaling her against the wall right now.
2) Her dirty mouth had me wanting to bury myself in her, right here for everyone and God to see.
3) The look on my face screamed that I’d just fucked her five ways to Sunday and I wanted every man in a five block radius to know it.
4) Why did he have to be so arrogant and sexy? I hated arrogant and sexy. It was fucking irresistible.
5) I was cracking her shell, breaking down her rough exterior to the soft center and she was that much more appealing for it. I liked layers, and this girl had more than enough to keep me busy peeling them away for a long time.
Ridge (Wild #2)
Expected Release Date: March 3, 2014
Sometimes doing the wrong thing feels so right…
I’m a player. I’m an asshole. I’m someone you should stay away from.
I have demons.
I’ve made mistakes.
And the biggest can’t be taken back.
I’ve gone to hell and back in twenty-nine years and I’m only now coming to terms with moving forward, righting my wrongs, and making amends. Except not everyone deserves forgiveness. Sometimes the damage done is beyond repair.
Everyday is exactly the same. I focus on the pain, in the quest to feel and forget, but I remember everything. When I close my eyes the darkness encroaches and some days it feels like the things that kill me are the things that make me feel alive.