Author: Stina Lindenblatt
Series: Pushing Limits Series
Publisher by: Loveswept
Published on: April 5, 2016
Genres: New Adult Romance
Page Count: 258
Fame, fortune, and stadiums full of screaming fans are right around the corner for the rock band at the heart of Stina Lindenblatt’s steamy, intense Pushing Limits series. But it’s an epic love affair that steals the show in this opening act.
When Nolan Kincaid skipped town to chase the music career of his dreams, he knew he wouldn’t miss the reminders of his broken family—he wasn’t so sure he could forget the girl he left behind. Now his band is touring nonstop, the recording sessions go all night, and the groupies are crazed. But when he hears that Hailey Wilkins is in trouble, he drops everything.
Hailey thought she’d missed her chance with Nolan. Five years ago, the moment she realized she loved him was the moment he decided to leave. Now, when a brutal assault lands her in the ICU, Nolan flies straight to her bedside, acting like nothing’s changed. What’s a rock star like him doing, canceling shows and risking his record deal, just to nurse an old friend back to health? And why should Hailey believe he’ll stay this time?
With her attacker still at large, Nolan’s ready to rise to the occasion. He knows he let Hailey down once before, but he’s ready to give her everything, heart and soul—and he’ll fight for the chance to prove it.
Tyler (a.k.a. Nolan) is the lead singer of Pushing Limits, but running from a past he has “forgotten”. Five years ago Nolan ran to L.A to reinvent himself as Tyler. When he left he also cut ties with, Hailey, his once best friend and one true love but an unexpected phone call from his hometown sends him rushing to Hailey’s side.
Hailey grew up across the street from Nolan. They were best friends that did everything together. The both knew they loved each other at young ages, but neither wanted to break up their friendship if it didn’t work so they kept it to themselves. When Hailey is mysteriously attacked, left for dead and in a coma, Nolan runs home to be by her side. Hailey wakes up and is surprised to find Nolan at her bedside. She hasn’t spoken to him in 5 years. On top of that, she can’t remember anything about who attacked her.
Nolan, refusing to leave Hailey’s side while her attacker is still on the streets, decides to stay in his hometown but with rising pressure from his recording label and bandmates life is not easy. Nolan and Hailey both love each other very much and it has not lessened in their 5 years apart but they are both also very scared of being rejected.
Sadly as much as I wanted to enjoy this story, it just fell short for me. It just left me feeling…meh. I didn’t hate it and I didn’t love it.
Some things that could have been better,
- I really wanted Nolan/Tyler to grow a pair. I spent pretty much the second half of the book yelling,”TELL HER YOU LOVE HER ALREADY!”.
- Them spending the majority of the time that he is back “home” between the sheets but you guys can’t just say “I love you” to each other already. I was just not feeling it.
- I also did not understand how an “opening act” band was so popular that Tyler gets an actress “girlfriend” for publicity.
- I am still trying to figure out where Christmas went.
Things I enjoyed,
- Stina is wonderful writer and I can see where she was trying to go with this story even it fell short for me.
- I did enjoy Hailey and Nolan relationship, the foosball table was cute.
- I am excited to see what she does with the secondary characters. There is a story in this band…I just know it.