Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
I’ll be honest and say that I haven’t read nearly as much as I hoped to this year but hey, life gets in the way sometimes, lol. I will say that I have read a handful of truly fantastic books so far. So here is my list of the Top 10 Books I’ve Read So Far this year:
1. Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino. This novel doesn’t release until August 18, but I was able to read an advanced copy. I’ve never read Renee Carlino until now and I could kick myself. This book was brilliant, moving, and it completely sucked me into their world.
2. King by T.M. Frazier. This is T.M.’s second full length novel and she truly knocked it out the park. A sexy ex-con, a bad boy best friend, a heroine with no memory, all mixed in with tremendous chemistry, obstacles, and an OMG cliffhanger.
3. Kyland by Mia Sheridan. This was my first Mia Sheridan book. I know, I know, what the hell took me so long to read!?! Kyland was a fabulous, emotional, and heartfelt story of love and sacrifice.
4. Caught Up In You by Colee Firman. This author was completely new to me. I enjoyed that it wasn’t your typical New Adult novel. There were a few layers to this book, some dark secrets, and the perfect amount of tension and chemistry.
5. Asking For It by Lilah Pace. This book was taboo, bold, absolutely sexy, and it was written brilliantly!
6. Bright Side by Kim Holden. Do Epic! I avoided this book last year. It was getting so much hype and I didn’t want to be disappointed. Cristal from Three Little Birds Book Blog gave me a gentle nudge and virtually held my hand while I read this. I bawled at the end of this book. I fell in love with characters.
7. Forever Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Brilliant, poignant, and downright amazing. Ms. Reid is a fantastic writer.
8. Puddle Jumping by Amber L. Johnson. This was such beautiful book and it wasn’t your typical teen romance and that made me love it even more.
9. Aflame by Penelope Douglas. What an amazing end to one of my favorite series. I loved that Ms. Douglas took a risk with this book and it ended perfectly for these characters.
10. Under The Influence by L.B. Simmons. Sigh, L.B. I don’t even think she can even write a bad book! This was a bit different from her previous books but till amazing. First of all friends to lovers stories are my favorite but the connection and love that Dalton and Spencer had was truly special.